banner image courtesy of Artturi_Mantysaari from Pixabay
Looking for an escape room for Children, Kids, Tweens or Teens as well as for birthday parties and special celebrations, then we have the answer for you...
..an innovative, exciting and creative way for your Children, Kids and Teens to have fun together in an escape room. Whether it’s for a birthday party, special celebration or just a group get together, then try our child friendly escape rooms for something totally different….
Escape Rooms for Children, Kids and Teens
Real-life room escape games are a type of game where everyone is together in a room and they have to work together to find clues or objects to solve a series of puzzles and escape the room within a 60 minute time frame. The Prison and The Bunker are great rooms for a younger audience. When we have a booking for Children, Kids or Teens we add extra hints and clues, suitable for their age, to the puzzles in the rooms. Additionally, each room has a dedicated Game Master who is watching and listening to what is happening. We encourage the children to explore, work out the clues and work together as a team to crack the mission but the Games Master can give multiple hints as and when required to make sure the game keeps progressing.
Each of our rooms can take from 2 to 6 people and by booking The Bunker and The Prison, up to 12 children or teens can save the world or break free from prison without having their parents in the room with them.
PLEASE READ: The maximum capacity of each room (Bunker and Prison) is 6 people. In order to book for 12 participants, you must book both, The Bunker and The Prison. Please double check your player count before you book with us. We cannot squeeze extra players into our rooms over the max capacity. We would hate for children to feel left out.
Birthdays or Celebrations
Part of making a great birthday party is the activity to pull everyone together before heading off for pizza and cake. And Fox in a Box - Chicago is the perfect activity. We can also recommend nearby restaurants where your group can head after their adventure. (Unfortunately, due to covid we do not have the ability to support catered events post-adventure).
our escape room is suitable for 10+, but 12-year-olds may have the most fun. If anyone in the group is under 10, we require at least 1 adult in each team. Ages 10-14 require a parent or guardian to be present during arrival and when the game finishes but the guardian does not have to partake in the game. If you are not sure about which game to choose or the age suitability then give us a call to check.
If you scrolled down looking for a summary, here it is! This is a practical checklist and questions to ask yourself to make this easy for you!
- Determine if you need the child-friendly option. If every guest is 15+ or have multiple adults participating, you can probably go with the regular version. Child-friendly version is more for groups under 15 to play without having an adult in the room.
- Determine if you need an adult in the room. Are any of the guests 9 years old or younger? If yes, we do require at least 1 paid adult per room to be participating.
- Determine how many guests you have in your group (including the adult if required). If the total is 6 people or less, you only need to book one room. If the total is 7-12 people, you would need to book both The Bunker AND The Prison. If the group size is undecided or have more than 12 people, please call or text us for further guidance (312.878.7899).
- Book the respective rooms on our page as you would with our regular escape rooms. For example, if you have a group of ten 9-year-olds for their birthday party, you would book The Bunker AND The Prison for 6 people each (five 9-year-olds and one required adult per room).
- Finally, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or text/call us at +1 312 878 7899 saying that you want a "child friendly bunker" or "child friendly prison" along with the date & time of your booking. We require at least 24 hours notice in advance to turn a room into a child-friendly version. And if you have any questions, just ask!
- (Optional) If you would like to include a trip to any of the restaurants in the neighborhood after your game, please contact any of them directly to make a reservation. Your group should be done with us ~90 min after your escape room booking time. There are Roots Pizza, Half Sour, Bar Louie, Lou Malnati's, and many more within walking distance!