Live remote rooms are very different from in person escape rooms, and that means that preparing for the remote room is very different as well. Hopefully this will help prepare you to enjoy your Live Remote experience!
After booking your game, you will receive a couple of emails from Fox in a Box - Chicago. One of them has instructions and connection information and the subject line leads with: Login information. And that is your key email. Sure, the others are important, but the login information is vital!
The email looks something like this:
For our In Person escape rooms, you really just needed to show up. Unfortunately, that’s not the way live escape rooms work. We do depend on you having a few things. And some things we really recommend.
- A zoom capable internet connection
- A device capable of running both Zoom and a web browser
Strongly recommended items per person:
- 1 laptop or desktop per person (OPTIONAL: Second screen or tablet. phones are NOT recommended)
- Headphone / microphone
- Zoom installed and working on one device. And a web browser on the other device
- A good internet connection
- Paper & pen
On the day
At the appointed time (or maybe a minute or two early), everyone should fire up their devices, click on the link from the email and see something that looks like this: