Escape rooms started off as point-and-click adventure flash games that can be played on web browsers. During COVID times, many escape room venues are going back to where it all started.
Escape rooms that can be played from your computers are re-emerging with a twist. They are IRL (in real life) rooms with actors that can be directed through a conference call! Virtual Escape Room, Online Escape Room, Live Remote Escape Room, Zoom Adventure: We don’t seem to have a concrete name for this. But with all of its benefits, it probably won’t go anywhere anytime soon.
What exactly is a Virtual Escape Room?
So what makes Virtual Escape Rooms so great?
- You can enjoy an escape room without worrying about being exposed to COVID if you don’t have to leave your home
- You don’t have to be physically in Chicago to play. Do you have friends across the country you haven’t talked to since high school? Your Family lives in a different state? Or even online gaming friends that you never met IRL? It’s a perfect opportunity to connect with them! (Just make sure they have the correct time if they live in a different time zone)
- You have a professional actor in the room that knows the in’s and out’s of the room. This means you have the option to ask for immediate aid if you are stuck for a while. Our actors/gamemasters are friendly, high-energy, and will make sure you and your team have an exceptional time.
- You will be provided with a link to our inventory system. Your actor will “scan” clues and send them to you through this system. You will have access to a 360 view of the room and have access to all of the clues you have found. This way, you will be able to get a close look at all of the clues at your own pace without the need to rely on your actor to bring the camera over to certain parts of the room. If your team likes to “divide and conquer” a lot, they will love this feature.
- You can invite your older relatives. Although it is a misconception that escape rooms are an intense physical activity, some people avoid it because of this. If it can be played from home in your pajamas, there’s nothing to worry about.
- Similarly if you have friends that were scared escape rooms were going to be exactly like the SAW movies, invite them to our Live Remote Bunker! What’s the worst we can do to you via a conference call?